Thursday, January 24, 2013

New job in Strasbourg

It has been a while since I wrote something on our blog. Mainly because we did not travel that much for leisure since the summer. Actually exception made for the journey to Germany for xmas to see my parents we did not travel at all other than between Strasbourg and Brussels. Eh oui - yours truly got offered a job in Strasbourg as part of a team setting up a new European Agency. A TA post in AD at last! Miracles do happen !

And the grass is always greener on the other side.

But let us put a bit of order into all this : So I did participate in an open competition for TAs for this agency, passed the stages and got my name on the reserve list. So I though -yeah right, get back to work. But NO ! Miracles do happen, as two days (!!!) later I got an offer for a job, supposed to be starting three weeks later, with a notice period of three months.

How are we going to fit this square bit into the round hole, you may ask yourself. FFR : if you work in the institutions, get your HoU involved. He can't stop you, he knows this, but he can negotiate a slightly better delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment